1. Do you know all your neighbors? (10 families around you)
2. Do you talk to the youth in your neighborhood?
3. When you see youngsters misbehaving, do you speak up, and correct them or notify parents?
4. Do you accept complaints about your children?
5. Do you watch your neighbors’ home when they are away?
6. Do your neighbors watch your home when you are away?
7. If you hear or see something suspicious, do you contact neighbors or call the police?
8. Do you and your neighbors work together to solve neighborhood issues? (bullies, vandals, lighting, noise, etc)
9. Do you have a designated neighborhood leader?
10. Do you have your neighbors contact (phone, email) information.
11. Is your family actively involved in your community? (civic, youth, charity, religious groups)?
12. Do you know your elected officials and local police?
13. Do you know what to do in an emergency?
14. Do you know as much about your community as you know about national problems?
Are you part of the problem? Your neighborhood needs you and your ideas.
Set a goal for a YES on every question to help keep families and children safe.
For more information on what you can do. Check out:
www.safekidsnow.com or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org